Hood Canal Events is a unique Pacific Northwest event and recreation planning company located in Union, WA. Our blog provides tips for traveling on the beautiful Hood Canal region of the Olympic Peninsula. Each week we'll be posting useful information for travelers to the region that will revolve around the areas local events, culture, art, food & beverage and recreation.
5 reasons why the Hood Canal is a PERFECT spring getaway!
1. Cost - Traveling to Hood Canal can be an absolute bargain. Once you are here, you will find wonderful campgrounds, resorts and accommodations available with some breath taking views.
2. Convenience - Most people traveling to Hood Canal can be here in a matter of hours (1.5 hours from Seattle via ferry and 2.5 hours from Portland via I-5). Once you are here "the world is your oyster" - see what we did there.
3. Physical Activity - Going to the gym can be simply boring. The Olympic Peninsula is home to inspiring natural wonders, offering roughly 1,000 miles of hiking trails and a jaw dropping shoreline that is perfect for hikers and kayakers of all skill levels.
4. Food & Beverage - The Pacific Northwest is known for its seafood and healthy locally grown foods. The Hood Canal is no exception offering shellfish farms, wineries, local distilleries, and some of the best tasting ice cream in the PNW from Olympic Mountain Ice Cream.
5. Quality Time.... Unplugged - While anywhere in nature and quite is a fantastic place for meditation. It is our goal to reconnect travelers with the natural world by creating unique and memorable experiences. All Hood Canal Events group trips include a locally prepared lunch, custom designed event or activity, transportation, and experienced staff to make your trip exceptional.
Check back regularly, we're here to help plan and create a trip that you and your friends and family will remember forever. Please visit us at hoodcanalevents.com or send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org to discover what it's like to #BeTheTraveler on Hood Canal.